I have also missed the Georgia O'Keefe show at the AGO, at least for today. Occurred to me that maybe other people took Monday off instead of Saturday, and possible some Americans might faire le pont between the weekend and the Tuesday holiday, and a regular weekday would be the best bet for avoiding crowds.
Instead I accomplished, by hacking great swathes off the linden with the pole-mounted branch cutter; succeeded in visiting my aunt, which weather and aches had prevented on the weekend; and ate out at an upscale Thai restaurant. Thus an excellent day off.
But this adulting thing... I've gotten good about washing dishes, because I only do them every two or three days, depending how much I eat in. I can always manage laundry, even when I dislike descending to the basement. I even succeed in vacuuming at least every other week, a vast improvement on the oughties' 'every six months or so.' Best of all, I do my exercises twice a day for a minimum fifteen minutes and occasionally for thirty.
But I can't get me to brush my teeth without a fight. Or I could, if brushing were all that was involved. But it's not, by a very long shot.
1. Push plastic picks and tiny bottle brushes between teeth and above bridge to dislodge food.
2. Floss, to remove plaque and remaining food between teeth.
3. Thread floss into the argh threader, try to angle it into the gap above bridge, pull back and forth to remove anything else.
4. Vibrate rubber pick on a stick to stimulate gums at gap-top.
5. Brush teeth with electric toothbrush until two minute hiccups signal the end.
6. Rinse with listerine.
I hate it, I really really do. Must apply mindfulness to this, because neglected teeth are expensive teeth, which is hard to remember when all I want to do is take out my lenses and go to bed.