|08:42 am - Late August fuman|
1. Yesterday was warmer than it's been for a while: actually nudging 80F, and hot in the sun. But the evening was cool and dry. 'Oh,' thought I, 'a return to the 70s- hot days, cool sleepable nights, how lovely.' Return to the 70s indeed: scratchy throat, runny nose, itchy eyes too gunked up to read with. A two-antihistamine night.
2. The skunks are back, just in time for 'window fan on high' weather.
3. The spam messages are back: precisely two a day but only on weekdays.
4. Postini's (epithet redacted) spam filter quarantined Postini's own bill. "100% probability of spam content."
5. On a happier note, I have two, possibly three, squash/ pumpkins growing under mesh in my wading pool. The squirrels or raccoons will probably get them, but I'm pleased to see that hand-pollinating works- though every morning when I check them there are bees buzzing around the squash blossoms, which is a good sign. Hence the possibly third squash: must see if it grows any bigger.